Know of someone who skipped retirement and worked 80 straight years for the same company? If you do, I daresay that person was moving slowly, had an aged appearance and was stuck in a serious routine.
Same holds true for landscaping. If you have mature plantings that look tired and outdated, it might be time to “retire” them and find a landscape company who can present you with vibrant new design options. Some early retirement signs to watch for include:
- Surrounding trees have become large and are providing too much shade and root competition with other plants.
- Loss of trees or major branches are causing shade-loving plants to get too much sun.
- Shrubs are improperly pruned or too large.
- Trees and shrubs were planted in the wrong place or too close together.
- Hardscapes and lighting are damaged or worn.
Landscapes mature much like us. The plantings you installed years ago may no longer meet your original vision. Your best bet is to “spruce” things up with a modern, eco-friendly design that provides for your future needs. Better yet, it should be a design that knocks you off your rocker.